New Microsite For FF DIN
A couple of days ago FF DIN received the microsite treatment. DINfont.com is – after metaserif.com and trixiefont.com – the third “FontFontFocus” website published by FontShop San Francisco. It is entirely dedicated to Albert-Jan Pool’s insanely popular information design sans.
The microsite features five sections.
- The Story of FF DIN reprises the TYPO interviews with Albert-Jan Pool, recounting the genesis of the typeface and its digital version.
- Technical Specification includes all you need to know about the technical specifications: OpenType Layout Features, Packages, Language Support.
- In-Use Gallery allows you to submit your designs created with FF DIN or pictures of FF DIN spotted in the wild.
- FF DIN Specimen showcases the different weights and widths of FF DIN.
- In Free Downloads you’ll find a PDF of the FontFontFocus brochure, as well as FF DIN specimen PDFs.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Earlier today a brand new website entirely dedicated to a single typeface family went live. Erik Spiekermann’s FF Meta Serif…Read more
- FF Trixie OT – a major upgrade of the seminal rough typewriter typeface – has its own dedicated website now.…Read more
- Is there any type designer who would be better qualified to construct a rounded DIN than Albert-Jan Pool? It’s safe…Read more
- The OpenType format offers typographers more glyphs, and (sometimes) more confusion. As the FontFont library is converted to OpenType, premium…Read more
- Johannes Erler and Henning Skibbe have revisited FF Dingbats, redesigning it for the new modern age of flat panels and…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)