New FontFonts: Release 44
Our new font blog entries have fallen a little bit behind. We won’t point you to all the new releases announced in recent newsletters, but do be sure to check out the issue showcasing the latest FontFonts. Aside from FF Celeste™ Sans’ OpenType version and numerous character set extensions to foundry favorites, three new designs were announced in February newsletter: FF Polymorph™, an exploration of global forms in the FontFont’s experimental tradition, developed by Stefanie Schwarz for her Thesis; FF Unit™ Rounded, in which our founder reveals the softer side of his “strict sans”; and FF Utility™, a hard-working sans serif for text and information design by newcomer Lukas Schneider.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- FF Unit Slab is the most recent of Erik Spiekermann type families to join the ranks of tha sans/serif type…Read more
- Brazilian type designer Yomar Augusto designed Unity, a custom typeface for Adidas for the World Cup 2010.…Read more
- Smashing Book 2 is a printed book covering best practices in Web design and Web development.…Read more
- Preview the 150,000 FontShop fonts directly in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and create comps and mock-ups for your clients…Read more
- The third FontFont release magazine features samples of brand new and relaunched typefaces, as well as information on web fonts.…Read more