If you visit regularly you will have noticed that The FontFeed was down for 24 hours or so. Wednesday afternoon the development team in San Francisco were making a series of configuration changes to the site. At some point they discovered that something had gone awry, and the most recent articles were missing. The site was set into maintenance mode while they restored the code and database to working condition.
I am happy to report The FontFeed is up and working again. Although the problems have been solved and the database which houses all the FontFeed article content is intact, it appears that images of many recent posts went missing. I will need a little time to restore those missing images, starting with the latest posts and working my way backwards from there. This means that to my regret I won’t be able to post anything new before the weekend. To quote John Lennon:
Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.
I have some very yummy stuff coming up, so please bear with us.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- The latest issue of Font magazine is hot off the press, and it’s free. Check your FontShop subscription settings to…Read more
- To celebrate 20 years of FontShop the Berlin and San Francisco teams had a pre-TYPO breakfast at the Berlin office.…Read more
- Very excited about the inaugural edition of TYPO London 2011 “Places”.…Read more
- Great news for font addicts and typography collectors. Early this week Fonts In Use opened up their doors for public…Read more
- Yanek Iontef – designer of FF Cartonnage and bicycle adept – custom built a yellow and black Bottecchia Corsa 1989.…Read more