If you missed the newsletter, this month’s FontFont release was one of FontShop’s most exciting in years: FF Meta Serif. Yves Peters wrote an excellent piece for FontShop Benelux on the new typeface. The article, with quotes from the creators — Spiekermann (the old master), Schwartz (the new master), and Sowersby (the impressive newcomer) — is a rare look into the process of collaborative type design.
The blogosphere is buzzing about FF Meta Serif. You can find a rundown of coverage on Spiekermann’s own journal.
Update: FF Meta Serif is the current Featured Face on the popular forum Typophile, gracing the dynamic homepage background and all topic titles.
See also: The History of FF Meta
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Our latest newsletter highlights new releases and some important updates to old favorites. Here’s a rundown of the newest typefaces…Read more
- Hundreds of fontheads will descend upon the quiet enclave of Buffalo, NY next week for North America’s only annual conference…Read more
- The Indian Ministry of Finance organises a public competition to select a design for an international symbol of the rupee.…Read more
- Discover fresh contemporary type from the Netherlands. A new crop of fonts from OurType is now available at FontShop. New designs…Read more
- It seems we’re not the only ones who look at magazines for the type. Our coverage of Martha Stewart’s Blueprint…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Inside Llewyn Davis, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Saving Mr. Banks, The Wolf of Wall Street (12)