Matthew Carter 2004 Talk “Truth to Materials” Added To TYPO Berlin VideoBlog
Passion, the 15th edition of TYPO Berlin, probably Europe’s largest international design conference, takes place from May 20th to 22nd. The Germans have a saying that you have to be on fire yourself to light one. Many designers are driven by a special kind of dedication, both professionally and personally. In addition to craft and creativity, bringing passion to the job is the key to success. Passion gives us the power to act. It is the foundation of change and of progress.
At TYPO 2010, some 50 designers and creatives will show us how easy success can be if you trust your passion. Spend a few days under the spell of their passions and attack your own work with a new fire in your belly. TYPO will inspire you to delve into the creative resources you harbour inside yourself. Now is the time to register – professionals save 200 €, and students even 470 € if you sign up before the end of the year!
Many people don’t know this, but FontShop AG is steadily adding videos of presentations from the past editions to the TYPO Berlin VideoBlog. Since yesterday Matthew Carter‘s presentation “Truth To Materials” from TYPO Berlin 2004 “Schrift” has been available for viewing. Other recent additions include David Berlow’s “Now what, type heads?” and Marian Bantjes’ “Imagining myself”, both from TYPO Berlin 2008 “Image”.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Excellent news from TYPO International Design Talks – last month TYPO San Francisco announced the dates for next year’s edition,…Read more
- Jonathan Hoefler & Tobias Frere-Jones’s presentation “Better Living Through Typography” from TYPO Berlin 2004 “Schrift” has now also been added…Read more
- Christian Schwartz’s presentation “Couture Type and The New York Times” from TYPO Berlin 2008 “Image” has been added to the…Read more
- The British capital is currently experiencing “Social”, the second edition of TYPO London, and by the looks of it it’s…Read more
- Make an image of your passion, send it to TYPO Berlin, and win a free entrance to TYPO Berlin 2010,…Read more