Lovely Video Shows The Process Of Letterpress Printing
As I am officially on holiday this week – starting 45 minutes ago – I have scheduled a number of entertaining and/or informative mini-posts until I am “back” on Monday, July 18. The first one is a gorgeous instructional video showing the process of printing letterpress with wood type. The video, shot with a Canon 7D, beautifully integrates a simple white skyline sans and delicate wireframe graphics in the footage. It was created by Naomie Ross, a graphic and motion designer based in Staten Island, NY. Check her other work while you’re visiting her website.
Music | Mark Mothersbaugh – “Nick & Norah’s Theme”
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- This stop-motion animation by Lynn Kiang explains the grammar of typography in the RISD letterpress shop.…Read more
- Nina Simone’s classic song “Feeling Good” served as the basis for a motion graphics video using only black and white…Read more
- On Friday 7 November 2008, St Bride Library organizes a one-day conference called Letterpress: A Celebration. According to their press…Read more
- Video detailing the creation process and production of the cover insert for the latest Gillian Welch album.…Read more
- The last weekend of May the Hamilton Wood Type & Museum in Two Rivers, Wisconsin hosts a weekend-long celebration of…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Inside Llewyn Davis, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Saving Mr. Banks, The Wolf of Wall Street (12)