4-Hand Typography Shows TypeTogether In Action
Looking up information for last week’s post about the European Design Awards 2012 I stumbled upon this simply lovely promotional video for TypeTogether. Four Hand Typography shows the type designer duo of Veronika Burian and José Scaglione collaborating on type design projects, interacting with co-workers, exhibiting their work, and lecturing and holding workshops all over the globe. In a mere one and a half minute the video offers a glimpse of the world of contemporary type design, of a successful collaboration resulting in a fine collection of quality typefaces. This is a clever and well-made piece of promotion, and rather unexpected in the world of type design.
The world of a type designer is, in reality, not enclosed and solitary anymore, at least it doesn’t have to be. Although creating new letterforms is essentially a very personal and subjective matter, it doesn’t exclude the potential of a successful collaboration. TypeTogether is proof for that. There is much more to running a type foundry than simply drawing type every day; customer relations, printing piles of test proofs, preparing images for the website, answering questions, traveling to conferences and the list goes on. The video, ‘four-hand’typography’, lets the audience take a glance into the daily routines of type designers from indispensable customs like espresso drinking to the planning of long-term projects and future outlooks.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- FontShop is proud to offer fonts from TypeTogether, a foundry that has become a household name among editorial designers. I…Read more
- This afternoon Allison Dhondt – sales and customer relations at FontShop BeNeLux, and responsible for their excellent Twitter account – pointed me…Read more
- The GOOD Transparencies Archive on Flickr is a repository of Transparencies that have run in past issues of GOOD and…Read more
- UK-based designer Andrew Townsend is in charge of Un.titled’s art direction. As Wig-01 he works on self-initiated art and design…Read more
- From July 5 till 10, TypeCon2011 – the annual conference presented by the non-profit Society of Typographic Aficionados (SOTA) –…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)