Livestream from Influxis Lounge at Reasons to be Creative
The coming three days I will be at Reasons To Be Creative festival, Brighton’s September conference for coders and designers. Originally called Flash on the Beach (FOTB), the scope of the conference expanded in such a dramatic way that organiser John Davey renamed it this year to more accurately represent its breadth. This festival for creative artists, designers and coders brings together the best minds from the worlds of art, code, and design for three days packed with talks, networking, inspiration and learning.
I am speaking at Tuesday night’s Inspired session, which will effectively make me that day’s last obstacle between the audience and beer. Fortunately my experience at Beyond Tellerrand, Marc Thiele’s lovely web design conference in Düsseldorf, taught me that’s not necessarily a bad thing. This promises to be a fun and exciting event where I’ll get to meet new people from outside the typography world and reach a new audience.
If you can’t attend Reasons to be Creative but still would like to get a taste of what is happening, make sure to tune in on the livestream from the Influxis Lounge. The Influxis Lounge is a place where attendees can relax, have a beer, and find a different kind of presentation from the speakers of the conference. Lounge sessions are usually quite unique and interesting and include unusual topics, on-the-fly presentations, interviews, and panel discussions. The program starts today at 11:15 with technologist and enabler Mike Jones who does a presentation about about game interfaces at Reasons. I will close off the sessions Wednesday at 15:45. As I have no clue what I will talk about during my Influxis Lounge session, I am open to suggestions. Just drop me a line in the comments below.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- I am just back from Reasons To Be Creative, John Davey a.k.a. Johnny Belmont’s spiffy conference in incredibly sunny Brighton.…Read more
- This week the typographic world congregates in Los Angeles, as TypeCon2010: Babel takes over the City of the Angels.…Read more
- Ivo Gabrowitsch, Marketing Director of FontFont, remembers Karl-Heinz Lange who passed away on June 29, 2010.…Read more
- Jürgen Siebert, programming director of TYPO Berlin, explains why David Carson simply could not be absent from TYPO Berlin 2010…Read more
- The design and typographic community convened in San Francisco for two days of information, inspiring talks and networking.…Read more