Layer Tennis: Peter Bruhn & Mark Simonson
Welcome to the offices of FontShop San Francisco. I’m Stephen Coles, here with designer Chris Hamamoto and font support expert Ivan Bettger. Our friend Nick Sherman joins us from Brooklyn. Nick is a designer, writer, skateboarder, musician, teacher, pizza fanatic, printer, classic horror film buff, and monster wrestler living in New York City. Yes, really.
Simonson won the always amusing coin toss and serves the first volley.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- FontShop’s David Sudweeks sat with type designer Mark Simonson at TypeCon 2014 “Capitolized” in Washington, DC to talk about Mark’s…Read more
- Changeling is the screen font on the monitor displays of the U.S.S. Enterprise in the new Star Trek movie.…Read more
- This morning a message from Jacques Le Bailly, designer of my Favourite Typeface of 2012, led me to a just…Read more
- The promise of professional alternatives to the same old web fonts is really starting to take shape, and there’s no…Read more
- Two months on, it’s still impossible to wrap my head around the fact that Peter Bruhn is gone. I have…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (9)