Late Registration For TYPO “Rhythm” and “Roots” Starts Saturday
It is time to register for TYPO San Francisco “Rhythm” and/or TYPO Berlin “Roots” at either side of the Atlantic. Regular registration for both conferences ends Friday; from Saturday, March 1 on registration increases by $100 or €100 respectively. TYPO Berlin remains Europe’s greatest annual design conference, and TYPO San Francisco celebrates its third anniversary with an impressive line-up including names you will rarely be able to see in the United States. More than mere type conferences, each edition of TYPO covers a broad range of topics relating to design, culture and society that leave the audience inspired and invigorated. I spoke at some editions, attended others – heck, I even was at the proto-TYPOs FUSE London and FUSE Berlin in 1994 and 1995! –, and every single one of them were great events.
TYPO San Francisco 2014 “Rhythm”
“Rhythm” “explores the cadence of the creative process, the underlying tempo of inspiration, and the beats of the design experience.” As usual a number of familiar names from within the type world caught my attention:
- influential letter artist René Knip
- senior type designer at Monotype Imaging Dan Rhatigan
- type designer and Kontour Type founder Sibylle Hagmann
- Creative Director of Adobe Typekit Elliot Jay Stocks
- multi media artist and type designer Yanone
- designer, performer and artist (and vintage Emigre type designer) Elliott Earls
- type designer and calligrapher Gabriel Martínez Meave
- and type designer at Font Bureau David Jonathan Ross.
TYPO Berlin 2014 “Roots”
“Roots” “is dedicated to the lasting values of design, which have accelerated at a dizzying speed thanks to total digitalisation – from the first draft right up to production.” I already wrote about TYPO Berlin, but as much as the familiar names I am excited to discover new speakers, because that is what makes the TYPO experience so great. Follow the TYPO Berlin Blog for regular updates and mini-interviews with speakers.
See you there?
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Excitement is building in the Bay Area, both at FontShop’s San Francisco office and the local (and not-so local) design…Read more
- TYPO Talks closed off a very successful conference season. After launching two new sister conferences – last Fall’s TYPO London “Places”…Read more
- Another conference is having its last week of Early Bird rates. While TYPO Berlin covers a broad range of topics…Read more
- TYPO posted a video that summarises the international spirit of the conference in seven minutes.…Read more
- Time is flying so fast. I feel like I am barely back from John Davey’s terrific Reasons to be Creative…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)