Last Week To Submit For First Web Font Awards
The Web Font Awards is the first ceremony to celebrate the newfound typographic freedom that Web designers are experiencing across the globe. The competition will recognise the designers and websites that are putting this emerging technology to greatest use. Aimed at promoting Web font awareness and adoption, the Web Font Awards is open to eligible users of any Web font service or technology that uses an @font-face declaration. Click here for complete rules and eligibility requirements.
You can enter by creating a free Designer Account and uploading your submission on webfontawards.com. The organisers are offering up thousands of dollars in cash and prizes, so be sure to submit your design soon. Call for entries closes 11:59 p.m. EDT Nov. 7, 2010.
Even if you’re not a designer, you can participate in the Web Font Awards by rating and commenting on submissions. Simply create a free Standard User Account and rate the creativity, typography and usability of as many designs as you like. Our highest rated qualifying website will be named our Community Choice award. Additionally, three submissions will be nominated by Monotype Imaging and their media partners for the first, second and third place Judges’ Choice awards.
The competition culminates with a live award ceremony at the Future of Web Design conference, to be held Nov. 15 – 17 in New York City. Here, a panel of judges will debate the merits of each nominated website and determine the winners. You do not have to attend the Future of Web Design conference for your website to be selected as a winning entry. Winners will be notified by e-mail, and their designs will be posted on the Web Font Awards website.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- After TDC2 2009 and ED2009, Dan Reynolds now wins the Gold Award at Designpreis Deutschland for his multiscript Latin and…Read more
- Fellow Typophile, regular Fonts In Use contributor, blogger for the esteemed competition and all-round nice chap Florian Hardwig pointed out…Read more
- An overview of the winning typefaces at the 2010 ED-Awards.…Read more
- The results for the 2012 SXSW Film Design Awards for Excellence in Poster and Title Design.…Read more
- Hosted by AIGA Atlanta, SEED is the premiere design competition in the Southeast, recognising the top creative work in the…Read more