Last Week of Early Bird Rate for Second Kerning Conference in Faenza, Italy
Another conference is having its last week of Early Bird rates. While TYPO Berlin covers a broad range of topics related to design, culture and society, Kerning Conference squarely focuses on (web) typography. It is the perfect companion for that other web typography event Ampersand in Brighton, Great Britain – one for each “side” of Europe. I had the pleasure to attend – and speak at – the inaugural edition last year, and it was very enjoyable. This year’s line-up again looks great, with exciting speakers and the excellent Simone Wolf moderating.
Kerning is organised in Faenza, in the very heart of Italy. Although there is only one day of presentations (just like Ampersand) on June 6th, it is preceded by a day of workshops On June 5th. The international line-up of speakers includes big names like Vincent Connare, Jessica Hische, Elliot Jay Stocks, Francesco Franchi, Jan Middendorp, Ellen Lupton, and Erik van Blokland. Besides being an information-packed conference, its intimate nature offers the opportunity to meet typographers and type designers, designers and developers, gurus and innovators from all over the world. Kerning being a non-profit event, its organisers wish to help grow their community by keeping knowledge affordable The Early Bird rates make it even more so – until December 31st 30 tickets are made available at a mere €125 instead of the full price of €175 (VAT included).
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Ampersand will be a fabulous day of nitty gritty details from experts in font design & development, typesetting & font…Read more
- Friday the third edition of the web typography conference Ampersand closes the Spring design and typography conference season. This affordable…Read more
- I was a little disappointed I couldn’t attend the second edition of TYPO San Francisco after speaking there last year,…Read more
- Ampersand is an affordable one-day event for knowledgeable web designers & type enthusiasts, held in Brighton, UK, on June 17,…Read more
- The ninth annual St Bride Library conference will celebrate the work of all those who have chosen to do things…Read more