Last Ten Tickets For Ampersand Conference 2013
Friday the third edition of the web typography conference Ampersand closes the Spring design and typography conference season. This affordable one-day event for knowledgeable web designers & type enthusiasts represents the overlapping worlds of type design, web design, and software. It will be a fabulous day of nitty-gritty details from experts in font design & development, typesetting & font usage, browser implementations, and with glimpses of a bright typographic future. I have attended the inaugural edition and spoke at the second one, and can only highly recommend the conference.
This morning organiser Richard Rutter of Clearleft notified me that the very last 10 tickets are now on sale. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year due to prior obligations, so that’s already one ticket you lucky people can snatch. And if you are at the other side of the Atlantic there is excellent news for you. Thanks to its success for three consecutive years Ampersand goes USA this Fall, where it will be held on November 2, 2013 in New York City. You can already register at a super-early bird discount of US$ 80 off. Either way don’t procrastinate, and let me know afterwards how it was. I’ll keep an eye on the #ampconf hashtag and official Ampersand Conference Twitter account.
Ampersand 2013 will feature the following speakers:
- Erik Spiekermann | Keynote
- Gerry Leonidas | The Newest New Typography
- Mark Boulton | Typography in Responsive Design
- Ben Terrett & Chris Heathcote | Designing GOV.UK
- Kutlu Çanlıoğlu | Designing BBC World Service
- Nina Stössinger | Being Ernestine
- Andy Hume | Web Fonts as a Progressive Enhancement
- Jenn Lukas | On Icon Fonts & Working with Designers
- Christian Schwartz | Webfonts are Just Fonts
Ampersand is presented by Clearleft, a user experience design consultancy based in Brighton, UK. Clearleft makes websites, and in their spare time they like to give something back to the web design community by running conferences like Ampersand. It’s a grass-roots conference that gathers some of the brightest minds in web design and typography from around the world, and brings them to their little home by the sea for a cup of tea and a slice of cake.
The conference will be held in the famous Brighton Dome Corn Exchange and is a must for anyone working with words on the web. Cosmopolitan, compact, energetic, unique, fun, lively, historic, young, exotic and free-spirited, Brighton is a city like no other. It is one of the most vibrant, colourful and creative cities in Europe. It has a rich typographic history, including being the birthplace of Eric Gill.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- It’s hard to believe Ampersand Conference is only three years old. Since its inaugural edition in 2011 the one-day web…Read more
- Ampersand is an affordable one-day event for knowledgeable web designers & type enthusiasts, held in Brighton, UK, on June 17,…Read more
- Another conference is having its last week of Early Bird rates. While TYPO Berlin covers a broad range of topics…Read more
- Ampersand will be a fabulous day of nitty gritty details from experts in font design & development, typesetting & font…Read more
- I was a little disappointed I couldn’t attend the second edition of TYPO San Francisco after speaking there last year,…Read more