Last hours for the Axel promotion
Heads up everyone – today is June 30th, so anyone still interested in grabbing Axel, Erik Spiekermann‘s new typeface at the special introductory price better hurry. Axel is an economical, highly legible font family optimized for on-screen use in office apps such as Microsoft Excel, and you can read all about it in this previous FontFeed post. What is special about Axel is less its aesthetic refinement for the reader than its usefulness to people who work at monitors every day.
- Similar letters and numbers are clearly distinguishable (l, i, I, 1, 7; 0, O; e, c …).
- Increased contrast between regular and bold.
- Style set linking for Office applications (bold key).
- Small caps instead of italics for emphasis.
- High legibility on the monitor via ClearType support.
- Good complement of numbers (superscript, subscript, fractions…).
- Real WYSIWYG in Microsoft Excel.
- Pleasing look on paper.
- PDF and Web embeddable (@font-face allowed)
Until midnight today June 30th Axel is available for download at the introductory price of only $/€19.90 outside Germany for the set (four styles, licensed for 1 to 5 users). After that the family will cost € 79.90 (both prices exclusive of VAT). So don’t waste any time and get Axel while it’s still so cheap.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Just in time for the re-launch of its website, FontShop Germany releases Axel, an economical, highly legible font family optimized…Read more
- Fifty|1 is a PDF magazine that can be viewed on screen, but was also designed to be printed, a double…Read more
- Webfonts Week continues as we chat with a guy who has been instrumental in Microsoft’s focus on screen typography since…Read more
- Erik Spiekermann talks with Elliot Jay Stocks about how typography is used in the digital domain and what digital designers…Read more
- I needed extra visual material for “From Metal Scripts to Digital Writing”, my presentation at TYPO Berlin 2012 “Sustain”.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)