Last Chance to Save $100 Off Tickets for TYPO SF “Contrast”
The typography conference season starts again in one-and-a-half months when TYPO San Francisco, the first of the 2013 TYPO conferences takes place in the Yerba Buena Center of The Arts in San Francisco on April 11 and 12. The deadline for regular registration is fast approaching – you can save US$100 if you register before Friday March 1. TYPO SF is followed one month later by TYPO Berlin “Touch” in the Haus der Kulturen der Welt. The third and final TYPO Talks conference is TYPO London which relocates to the Barbican Arts Centre next Fall. Newcomer amongst the other typography conferences is Kerning on May 2 & 3, the first international conference in Italy dedicated solely to typography and web typography, where I will be speaking.
Today TYPO SF revealed their line-up, and it sounds like a great edition. The first conference day is bookended by talks by Jessi Arrington and Christoph Niemann – one of the absolute highlights at TYPO Berlin 2011 “Shift” – on Thursday, and the iconic Erik Spiekermann closes off the conference on Friday. Typography lovers will be delighted to hear that – besides talks by type designers Nick Shinn, Matthew Butterick and Peter Biľak, and type expert Stephen Coles – a dedicated Type Track will be announced in a week or two.
If you haven’t been to the very successful inaugural edition of TYPO SF last year you can read my review here on The FontFeed to have an idea what to expect. An important change is the move of the second track to the larger capacity Forum Building. The TYPO San Francisco Blog also runs a series of Contrast Conversations with speakers allowing you to get to know them a little.
On a related note, tomorrow the Early Bird phase for TYPO Berlin “Touch” ends as well, so now is your last chance to register at a 30% discount on professional tickets!
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- TYPO Talks closed off a very successful conference season. After launching two new sister conferences – last Fall’s TYPO London “Places”…Read more
- With over 700 attendees, speakers and volunteers, the second edition of TYPO San Francisco “Contrast” was again a success. If…Read more
- The design and typographic community convened in San Francisco for two days of information, inspiring talks and networking.…Read more
- This year TYPO SF adds a Type Track in the intimate, 100-seat YBCA Screening Room to its schedule.…Read more
- It’s Monday, and the excitement surrounding TYPO SF is steadily building. The international crew is already on site, preparing at…Read more