LaPolice for Design Business Review
Fwis and Ministry of Imagery have teamed up to launch “Design Business Review“, a monthly offering of practical business strategies and advice for creatives, with major contributors the likes of Michael Beirut, Joe Duffy (Duffy Partners), and Craig Duffny (BBDO). As well as interviews and tips from Mucca, Dress Code and others. In the over saturated design-magazine-market, unique content and perspective is a must. If their choice of type is any indication, DBR is offering something different.
DBRs first issue features the FontShop exclusive LaPolice from B&P Type. Based on 18th Century French type specimens, LaPolice tows the line between contemporary and classic with a fresh and dynamic balance, and irreverent historical references in its details. When asked about their choice of LaPolice, DBR’s Keenan Cummings had the following to say:
We were looking for something staid and respectable, but a bit different. LaPolice is quirky enough to be interesting without being gimmicky.
Learn more about LaPolice in FontShop’s December 2008 newsletter.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- I just returned from Berlin where we met with all the regional FontShops and the founder himself, Erik Spiekermann. The…Read more
- Yesterday Elliot Jay Stocks launched the latest issue of his limited edition typography magazine 8 Faces, available in printed format and…Read more
- To celebrate 20 years, FontFont offered 20% off a selection of twenty FontFonts for twenty days.…Read more
- Discover fresh contemporary type from the Netherlands. A new crop of fonts from OurType is now available at FontShop. New designs…Read more
- Gerry Leonidas returns to the TDC to instruct a weekend-long Greek workshop, November 2-4. Since the first TDC Greek Week-end…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)