Join Us at TypeCon2008 in Buffalo
Hundreds of fontheads will descend upon the quiet enclave of Buffalo, NY next week for North America’s only annual conference dedicated to typography: TypeCon. FontShop is proud to be a perennial TypeCon sponsor, and this year our founder Erik Spiekermann will speak at the renowned Albright-Knox Gallery on Friday, July 18.
There is still time to register for Erik’s talk and TypeCon as a whole. It’s one of the most affordable design conferences in the world and it’s packed with valuable and interesting stuff for anyone even vaguely interested in type. But before you pull out that credit card: FontShop has a handful of TypeCon tickets available at no cost for our best friends. Who are our best friends, you ask? Whoever emails us (selecting “Marketing queries” from the menu on the contact form) revealing their favorite typeface available on FontShop.com, along with the reasons why they love it so much or an example of the typeface in use. That’s it! First come, first served until the few tickets we have are gone. Update: The tickets are now all spoken for. Thanks for playing!
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- SOTA will be bringing TypeCon2010 to the great city of Los Angeles, August 17-22, 2010.…Read more
- This August 1–5 we’ll be in Seattle for TypeCon, the only North American conference dedicated to typography, where FontShop is…Read more
- Spiekermann embraced the fledgling world of digital type early on when he founded FontShop 20 years ago, and he’s just…Read more
- Under Consideration/Department of Design had the excellent idea to post a follow-up to their unveiling of the TypeCon logo.…Read more
- The motion graphics piece “A Short History of Marketing” by Michael Reissinger, Creative Manager with Deli Pictures traces the history…Read more