Jean Jacques Peters 1941–2012
After battling a very aggressive cancer for over a year, yesterday evening my father chose to not let his illness have the last word. I feel very fortunate that we live in a civilized, humane country, where a person at the end of his life can decide to leave with dignity, without any more needless suffering.
Somewhat related – I would like to apologise to the people coming to tonight’s BNO Romeo Delta evening CUT! in Rotterdam for not showing up. The organisation is looking into rescheduling my presentation at a later date, most probably the next IMG LAB evening on February 20th.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- From July 5 till 10, TypeCon2011 – the annual conference presented by the non-profit Society of Typographic Aficionados (SOTA) –…Read more
- Find my day-to-day reports on the TYPO London blog, and a general overview later here on The FontFeed.…Read more
- The SOTA Catalyst Award recognises young people who have created original work in type design, type history, or other areas…Read more
- I have submitted my Trajan in Movie Posters presentation to the SXSW PanelPicker for both SXSW Interactive and SXSW Film.…Read more
- This new award recognises young people who have created original work in type design, type history, or other areas related…Read more