In Use: FF DIN for The Onion
If FontShop’s bathroom wall is any testament to our reading habits, The Onion is our news source of choice. The online edition of The Onion uses FF DIN for its navigation menu. It’s tough to inject some style into so few pixels while maintaining legibility, and FF DIN’s straight-sided construction performs well. It’s a shame they aren’t using it for the little green teaser heads as well.
The very bright Khoi Vinh and his firm Behavior are responsible for The Onion redesign. Read more about the transformation at Vinh’s blog, Subtraction.
More recently, Vinh’s work has caught the attention of another news giant, The New York Times. Vinh was just hired as the Design Director for NYTimes.com. We can’t wait to see how he breathes new life into the Gray Lady.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Due to technical difficulties beyond our control The Fontfeed has been behaving erratically these past few days. Normal service will…Read more
- Folkert Gorter of Superfamous used Underware’s Dolly Italic to create an elegant identity for Dutch event organizers Finley. Then he…Read more
- Recently Łukasz Dziedzic expanded his sans serif family FF Good , then designed the serif family FF More to work…Read more
- This weekend the Type Directors Club of New York posted an interview with Sumner Stone conducted by Nick Sherman on…Read more
- Submit your favourite album cover of the decade so we can assemble a FontFeed list.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (4)