In Use: Dolly for Finley
Folkert Gorter of Superfamous used Underware’s Dolly Italic to create an elegant identity for Dutch event organizers Finley. Then he made it distinctive by taking that ‘fi’ ligature and mirroring it for an iconic monogram. The logo is strong enough to be the central element throughout the firm’s site.
FF Scala Sans is used for finley.nu’s navigation and headlines.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- If FontShop’s bathroom wall is any testament to our reading habits, The Onion is our news source of choice. The…Read more
- The inaugural QBN Sessions, a one-day design lecture series, will kick off on September 7 at the Getty Center in…Read more
- It was early this morning that I got the news of two Norwegian type designers, Frode Bo Helland and Sindre…Read more
- Is all caps setting really so poorly readable that one can’t use it in headlines of let’s say maximum three…Read more
- Photo by Mieke Tacken. See more photos of I amsterdam on Flickr. As much as I’d like to claim we’re the…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)