If Movies Had Opening Titles With Crappy Fonts…
As you may very well know I often rail against poor typographic choices for movie posters and credit title sequences. However it could be even worse, and after seeing the remix video If Movies Had Crappy Fonts I feel like such a snob. Jest – the latest website under the CollegeHumor Media umbrella – asks if using the wrong typeface in the opening titles can ruin an entire movie. Find out for yourself with this Jest original re-imagining the beginning of famous films like Star Wars, The Dark Knight Rises, Drive, and more… with crappy typography. Make sure you wait for the pay-off.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- If you are looking for a present for a type-loving pop-culture addict, these posters from 17th and Oak might do…Read more
- MK12 created custom designed type for the opening credits for “Quantum of Solace”, the most recent James Bond movie.…Read more
- Help us preserve seven 16mm educational films from the Mergenthaler Linotype Company from the 1950s and ’60s.…Read more
- In the previous post on the brilliant “I Can Read Movies” mock book covers Mitch Ansara mentioned he had been…Read more
- The Typophile Film Festival 5 premieres at “Design à Trois” in Portland, Oregon on August 27th 2009.…Read more