How Top Designers Honour The Zeros
You or one of your colleagues probably sit at a desk, anguishing over the concept for a New Year’s card, or trying to devise a digital greeting… yet the current issue of New York Magazine already offers some suggestions. Mathematically the decade only ends on December 31st, 2010, but the “zero years” – the years spanning from 2000 to 2009 – already run out in two weeks. To mark the occasion New York invited a number of prominent designers to visualise the end of the aughts. Among the participants we noticed past TYPO Berlin speakers David Carson and Marjan Bantjes, as well as fellow image creators Jonathan Gray, Fellow Designers, Mario Hugo, Studio8 Design, Matt Owens, and Alex Trochut. The slide show of the designs includes some fascinating process images; particularly complex is the wood model for Todd St. John‘s paper construction.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Jürgen Siebert, programming director of TYPO Berlin, explains why David Carson simply could not be absent from TYPO Berlin 2010…Read more
- After the announcement of the SND30 winners now it’s the turn of TDC 55 and TDC2 2009.…Read more
- Last week was a week of both celebration and sadness in the type world. Sadness because Swiss type designer Hans…Read more
- Jonathan Hoefler and Steven Heller explain on The Leonard Lopate Show how typefaces are created and why typography is important…Read more
- Since yesterday Matthew Carter’s presentation “Truth To Materials” from TYPO Berlin 2004 “Schrift” has been available on the TYPO Berlin…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (4)
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)