How The New TypeCon2009 Logo Came To Be
TypeCon is the annual type conference in the USA which is held in a different city each year. The Society of Typographic Aficionados (SOTA) organises the sixth edition “Rhythm” in Atlanta from July 14th till 19th.
SOTA commissioned the New York based Under Consideration Department of Design – Armin Vit and Mexican born Bryony Gomez-Palacio – to design the new logo. On their website UC.DOD describe the creation process from initial concept to finished logo in 15 steps. Worth watching.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- On May 10, 2008 — Pangea Day — sites in Cairom, Dharamsala, Jerusalem, Kigali, London, New York City, Ramallah, and…Read more
- Emu Design Studio’s used Artur Schmal’s Parry to design the sketchbook for Two Birds Press.…Read more
- Under Consideration/Department of Design had the excellent idea to post a follow-up to their unveiling of the TypeCon logo.…Read more
- Our first installment of Webfonts Week interviews is with Bryan Mason, whose Typekit service offers an innovative model for including…Read more
- As you read in my report of the first day at TYPO Berlin 2014 “Roots”, the final presentation was by…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (4)