Hoefler & Frere-Jones’ Talk “Better Living Through Typography” Added To TYPO Berlin VideoBlog
Hot on the heels of last week’s announcement, Matthew Carter‘s TYPO Berlin 2004 presentation “Truth To Materials” is joined on the TYPO Berlin VideoBlog by Jonathan Hoefler & Tobias Frere-Jones‘ presentation “Better Living Through Typography” from the same TYPO edition “Schrift”. Hoefler and Frere-Jones explain that outstanding type designs are seldom rooted in mood or vanity, but originate from a specific need, to solve a problem. Their strategies, in order to preserve the economic, human and environmental resources of their clients, are more important than ever before.
The funny thing about this video being posted is that it was requested on Twitter by Dan Reynolds and approved by Hoefler & Frere-Jones; the first time this happens. Of course we happily obliged. Yet I hope you understand we can’t honour each and every single request.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- At the occasion of the Gerrit Noordzij Prize 2009 Tobias Frere-Jones introduced the work of Wim Crouwel. His presentation is…Read more
- Since yesterday Matthew Carter’s presentation “Truth To Materials” from TYPO Berlin 2004 “Schrift” has been available on the TYPO Berlin…Read more
- Two images posted on Grid, the official SPD blog feature chance encounters between unrelated magazine covers, creating new unexpected readings.…Read more
- Jonathan Hoefler and Steven Heller explain on The Leonard Lopate Show how typefaces are created and why typography is important…Read more
- The documentary features type designers Hoefler & Frere-Jones, Pentagram’s Paula Scher and Eddie Opara, and infographic designers Julia Vakser and…Read more