Hamilton’s 10th Anniversary Events
Hamilton has hosted a terrific range of artists, printers and designers in the 10 years since we opened our museum and this week will be a chance to reconnect and celebrate.
Type Face Sneak-Preview
May 29th at 9pm
HWT is proud to present a sneak-preview of Kartemquin Films’ Type Face. This one-hour documentary by Justine Nagan showcases the successes and challenges that Hamilton Wood Type faces. The film will show Friday Evening at 9pm at the Washington House, 1622 Jefferson St.
Open House at the Museum
May 30th 10am–6pm
This open house will be one of several events throughout the coming months that invites local, regional and national visitors to Two Rivers. Demonstrations of wood type being cut on a pantograph, and printers printing wood type, will take place through out the day.
Tenth Anniversary Commemorative Poster Show
May 30th 10am–6pm
Letterpress printers and designers from across the country will be taking part in an exhibition that will open Saturday, May 30th and run through Labor Day 2009. A partial list of printers includes Dennis Ichiyama, Richard Zauft, Nick Sherman, Bill and Jim Moran and others.
Workshop with Jim Sherraden of Hatch Showprint
May 22, 23 and 24th
The anniversary celebration continues with a workshop by Jim Sherraden of Hatch Show Print in Nashville Tennessee. Jim’s work is known internationally and he regularly leads letterpress workshops throughout the country.
The cost is $400 per person for a weekend-long opportunity to work with one of the world’s premier letterpress printers and designers. Call or email the museum for more information.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- For its Vintage Varsity line which is part of the Fall Collection Target found its inspiration in vintage wood type.…Read more
- It is not a good year for the Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum. After having been flooded at the…Read more
- The type world convenes in Atlanta, Georgia for the week-long community-wide celebration of type and design that is TypeCon 2009…Read more
- I would like to point you to a lovely project on Kickstarter which needs its last tiny push to get…Read more
- Last week Erik Spiekermann published a video about his letterpress shop at P98a in Berlin. Even though the audience at…Read more