Guitar Hero 5 Trailer Satirises Baby Baby Baby Music Video
I suppose most of you are aware of the viral video to the song Baby Baby Baby by French electro-rock duo Make The Girl Dance. Yesterday I wrote an entry about this video for Unzipped, and my research unearthed this little gem. Activision produced a spoof “Director’s Cut” trailer to promote Guitar Hero 5, the new version of the popular music game that was released September 1st.
Apparently they went viral with this one as well, because I found a Music Steve Facebook page including a couple of teaser videos setting up the stage for the actual trailer. One is an “incomplete” version of the final trailer, while the others are messages from Music Steve himself and a fake interview with two of the models featuring in the video. The whole campaign sends out the message that every average Joe can imagine to be a rock star. What is disturbing is that I – playing in a rock band myself – can’t make out if elements in the videos are referring to either the rock star style of life or to the average Joe gamer. Those worlds seem uncomfortably close in this campaign.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- An overview of the nominees and winners of the 53rd Grammy Awards in the fields Package and Music Video.…Read more
- An overview of the nominees and winners of the 56th Grammy Awards in the fields Package and Music Video.…Read more
- The last thing you want in a promo for font management software is a missing font.…Read more
- A promotional video for the Bellavista Social Pub recreates a number of Blue Note album covers as tableaux vivants.…Read more
- Hand-Drawn Block Letters, the one quirky text every totally original and one-of-a-kind comedy needs.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, The Last Airbender, The Girl Who Played with Fire, Inception, Life During Wartime (16)