Graphic Design – The Forgotten Web Standard Slides In 3 Minutes
This video is two months old, but nevertheless still is a fascinating watch. Mike Kus is currently the designer at Carsonified, a small and friendly creative team based in the historic town of Bath, England. More of his design work can be seen on his personal website The Things We Make. He comes from a print background as graphic designer at the Body Shop, but decided to expand his skill set a couple of years ago and shifted towards web design.
As part of his talk at FOWD London 2009, the Future Of Web Design seminar, he screened the short film below. It is a considerably sped up capture of Mike designing his slides for his presentation. The reason for including this short video was that Mike wanted to reveal the process he went through whilst designing them. What’s interesting is that it also features quite a few slides that never made it to the final selection. And indeed, apart from the occasional sketch we rarely get to see how graphic designers achieve the end result. This video is both instructing and inspiring.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- We love OpenType. It’s not just the latest font technology, but also the most advanced, poised to replace the old…Read more
- “Mexico, Forging The Character” gives a concise overview of the history of type and lettering in Mexico.…Read more
- Short announcement for the TYPO Berlin week and the upcoming Typography Basics.…Read more
- I Could Have Done This… documents Briar Mark’s creation of a hand-stitched poster.…Read more
- Just like the bands headlining music festivals, keynote speeches define the flavour of a conference.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)