Ghost Typeface In ProSieben Television Movie Der Seewolf
Kalendsadventer is the contrary Advent calendar on Fontblog. Invented by FontShop Germany for the enjoyment of the Fontblog readers, it runs for 24 days until Nikolaus (December 6th). A daily (typo)graphic question or riddle is posted which can be answered in the Fontblog comments. Every day the author of one randomly selected correct answer receives a prize: a book, poster, mouse mat, DVD, calendar and so on. Questions from readers are accepted as well.
Yesterday’s question came from Verena Gerlach and it’s a perfect candidate for Oops, our light-hearted repository of amusing typos and typographic mishaps. Verena obviously was paying attention while watching the trailer for the ProSieben television movie in two parts Der Seewolf. According to Wikipedia Jack London’s 1904 novel The Sea-Wolf tells the story of Humphrey van Weyden – a soft, domesticated protagonist – forced to become tough and self-reliant by exposure to cruelty and brutality. The story starts with him onboard a San Francisco ferry, which collides with another ship in the fog and sinks, eventually to be picked up (“rescued” is not the right word) by Wolf Larsen, the captain of the seal-hunting schooner Ghost.
However the production/set/prop designer applied the name of the schooner in a typeface that does not fit the time frame at all. Revue is one of those “overused cheap print shop hippie types” (dixit Gerlach) that was drawn by Colin Brignall at the tail end of the ’60s. Oops!
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- When I attended ATypI 2010 “The Word” in Dublin the conference closed with one of the fabulous lettering walks hosted…Read more
- The tear-off calendar will offers daily typographic inspiration with 365 typefaces to discover throughout the whole year.…Read more
- The latest issue #12 of German typography magazine Slanted – Women, Typography, Graphic Design is dedicated to – you guessed…Read more
- I was at the Frankfurt Book Fair for one and a half day, where I had more discussions than I…Read more
- Typodarium 2010 is the first typographic tear-off calendar, featuring 365 type designs from 180 foundries and designers hailing from 30…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (4)