Free Typography Symposium 33pt In Dortmund
On Thursday June 28, 2012, the University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Dortmund, Germany organises the 33pt typography symposium. Voices on Typography is the third edition of this free one-day event, continuing the tradition of 2006 and 2009 – see also the presentations and interviews from the 2009 edition that were published online. Just like previous years renowned designers will lecture and hold workshops.
Swiss design bureau Moiré will share their thoughts and work methods, as will members of the London-based agency The Church of London, offering insights into their work on the magazines Huck and Little White Lies – see also the video The Birth Of A Magazine. However local artists won’t get the short end of the stick. Illustrator Frank Höhne and type designers Hubert Jocham and Jan Gerner (Yanone) will represent the German design scene. In addition to the lectures and workshops an exhibition of typographic work by students will be on display, and a big after-conference party will conclude the day.
Free tickets can be reserved starting today, June 4th on the 33pt website. Walk-up visitors without tickets will have the opportunity to follow the lectures via live broadcast in a second room.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- It’s Monday, and the excitement surrounding TYPO SF is steadily building. The international crew is already on site, preparing at…Read more
- The organisation of the 33pt typography symposium 2009 have posted a slew of presentations and interviews on Vimeo, many of…Read more
- On March 22, 2011, the exhibition “Erik Spiekermann. The Face of Type.” opened in the Bauhaus-Archiv Museum of Design in…Read more
- It seems to me that organisers of type and design conferences are becoming slightly sadistic. After every event video impressions…Read more
- The First Graphic Design Biennial Germany–China features three days of lectures by world famous Chinese designers, and an exhibition of…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)