FontShuffle – Now With 50% More Fonts
We announced it barely two months ago, and here it is already – the first upgrade of FontShuffle. As of now users of the successful FontShop AG application can browse, view and print approximately 650 original typefaces from the international font vendor on their iPhone or iPod Touch. This is 50% more than the number included in the original release. If you don’t know FontShuffle yet read all about it in the announcement on The FontFeed.
The best part about this upgrade is that you don’t need to download the application from the App store again. Indeed, the addition of the new fonts took place on the FontShop servers, so they will be added automatically in FontShuffle when you next restart the app on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
To help move along this upgrade more swiftly I received valuable assistance from three wonderful blog colleagues: Dan Reynolds, Yves Peters and Ivo Gabrowitsch. Dan selected timeless classics from a number of major foundries, Yves sifted through the award winners and the recent releases from 2008, and Ivo added a number of FontFonts.
A PDF with the full list of added fonts can be downloaded here.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- FontShuffle 1.0, FontShop’s new application for iPhone and iPod Touch, is the world’s fastest source of typographic inspiration. Combining the…Read more
- Update your version of FontShuffle for iPhone and iPod Shuffle via the App Store, and enjoy the many improvements to…Read more
- The new and improved ƒCards App for iPhone/iPod/iPad is available at no cost for exactly one week, plus one lucky…Read more
- Version 1.3 of FontShop’s FontShuffle app is now available in the iTunes App Store (still free). All the type samples…Read more
- The new 3.0 update version of the FontBook is now compatible for all iOS devices.…Read more