FontCast #9 — TypeTogether
José Scaglione and Veronika Burian met in 2006 at the University of Reading in the UK and formed a small collaborative foundry that would become TypeTogether. Their name is fitting, given that the partners continue to work closely together despite a substantial geographical divide (Argentina and Prague). In its few short years of existence, the partnership has already yielded some very successful typeface releases (such as Bree, Ronnia, Adelle) and TypeTogether has become a household name among editorial designers. FontShop is proud to offer fonts from TypeTogether. I had a chance to ask them more about their recent rise to fame in Mexico City at ATypI’s Typ09 conference.
Click here to watch the FontCast or simply push play below.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Dyana of The Font Bureau explains the difference between kerning and spacing, why it should be done by hand, and…Read more
- After years of working as a magazine art director in Brazil, Crystian Cruz took a hiatus to the UK’s University…Read more
- In FontCast’s search for typographic designers with interesting stories to tell we talk to Jim Parkinson.…Read more
- Part two of our two part series with Jim Parkinson. Type designer and Logo designer for Rolling Stone, Newsweek, …Read more
- New Bohemia Signs carries on the tradition of hand-made sign-painting to create new markers for the next generation of city…Read more