FontCast #8 — Crystian Cruz
After years of working as a magazine art director in Brazil, Crystian Cruz took a hiatus to the UK’s University of Reading where he developed his ideas for typeface design. He returned to start an editorial design consultancy, armed with expertise in both sides of typography: type creation and type use. Crystian expounds on the value of collaborative education and shares some of his excellent publication and typeface design.
Click here to watch the FontCast or simply push play below.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- FontShop is proud to offer fonts from TypeTogether, a foundry that has become a household name among editorial designers. I…Read more
- In FontCast’s search for typographic designers with interesting stories to tell we talk to Jim Parkinson.…Read more
- Part two of our two part series with Jim Parkinson. Type designer and Logo designer for Rolling Stone, Newsweek, …Read more
- Dyana of The Font Bureau explains the difference between kerning and spacing, why it should be done by hand, and…Read more
- New Bohemia Signs carries on the tradition of hand-made sign-painting to create new markers for the next generation of city…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)