FontCast #16 — FontFont Type Department
FontFont represents some of the most talented and interesting type designers in the world. And behind every of these great type designers is FontFont’s great technical team. Andreas Frohloff, head of the Type Department at FSI – FontShop International, explains: “We develop brilliant typeface ideas into high quality fonts”. This rare peek behind the scenes reveals how these unsung heroes work together with the type designers, providing aesthetic feedback and technical assistance, to ensure that the resulting fonts meet FontFont’s high standards.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- FontFont represents some of the most talented and interesting type designers in the world. In celebration of FontShop’s 20th…Read more
- In FontCast’s search for typographic designers with interesting stories to tell we talk to Jim Parkinson.…Read more
- Part two of our two part series with Jim Parkinson. Type designer and Logo designer for Rolling Stone, Newsweek, …Read more
- You can always count on the TYPO organisers to come up with fun surprise initiatives. Their Early Bird reduced rates…Read more
- FontShop is proud to offer fonts from TypeTogether, a foundry that has become a household name among editorial designers. I…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)