FontCast #16 — FontFont Type Department
FontFont represents some of the most talented and interesting type designers in the world. And behind every of these great type designers is FontFont’s great technical team. Andreas Frohloff, head of the Type Department at FSI – FontShop International, explains: “We develop brilliant typeface ideas into high quality fonts”. This rare peek behind the scenes reveals how these unsung heroes work together with the type designers, providing aesthetic feedback and technical assistance, to ensure that the resulting fonts meet FontFont’s high standards.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- FF Mark is a new geometric sans serif designed to meet the typographic challenges of today. It was developed over…Read more
- FontFont represents some of the most talented and interesting type designers in the world. In celebration of FontShop’s 20th…Read more
- In FontCast’s search for typographic designers with interesting stories to tell we talk to Jim Parkinson.…Read more
- When the deal between Monotype and FontFont was announced yesterday the internet exploded, wailing and lamenting the perceived loss of…Read more
- Part two of our two part series with Jim Parkinson. Type designer and Logo designer for Rolling Stone, Newsweek, …Read more
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)