Five Presentations From Ampersand 2013 Available Online
It’s hard to believe Ampersand Conference is only three years old. Since its inaugural edition in 2011 the one-day web typography event has made a steep ascension in the world of typography conferences. This year it even already has its transatlantic counterpart in New York City, which is held in The TimesCenter on November 2nd (you can still save $100 if you register now). I attended the first edition – read my ridiculously exhaustive account here – and spoke at the second one. To my regret I couldn’t attend the third Ampersand in Brighton at the beginning of the Summer. But yay, Clearleft, the company of Ampersand organiser Richard Rutter, recently posted five presentations on its Vimeo channel. Anyone who could not be there can now enjoy the talks of Gerry Leonidas, Ben Terrett & Chris Heathcote, Kutlu Çanlıoğlu, Nina Stössinger, and Andy Hume. View them after the jump.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Friday the third edition of the web typography conference Ampersand closes the Spring design and typography conference season. This affordable…Read more
- Ampersand is an affordable one-day event for knowledgeable web designers & type enthusiasts, held in Brighton, UK, on June 17,…Read more
- I was a little disappointed I couldn’t attend the second edition of TYPO San Francisco after speaking there last year,…Read more
- Gerry Leonidas returns to the TDC to instruct a weekend-long Greek workshop, November 2-4. Since the first TDC Greek Week-end…Read more
- A gallery with the five winners of the Valentype 2011 contest.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)