First TypeCon2009 “Rhythm” Images
TypeCon2009 “Rhythm” is entering its third day, with lots of workshops on the menu, and already the first images are starting to trickle in. The TypeCon Pool on Flickr has seen the addition of photographs of the Creative Circus Open House and TypeCon Kick-Off Event, the print sale after the Type Face Film Premiere, and John Downer‘s 3D Effects in Color workshop. And of course the Twitterverse is abuzz with #TypeCon tweets. In Tim Brown‘s words:
Tuesday, July 14 | Creative Circus Open House and TypeCon Kick-Off Event
Wednesday, July 15 | Type Face Film Premiere
In this workshop led by master sign painterJohn Downer“> John Downer, attendees explored 3D effects in the realm of hand-drawn and hand-painted lettering. They learned how to create highlights – bevels, blends and blurs – outlines, shades, and miscellaneous outline/shade combinations … all without a computer! Australian James Yencken posted a very nice photographic impression of the workshop in his TypeCon Atlanta set. Below is but a selection – make sure to check his full set. And also the photographic report of TypeCon2008 on the James Jenkins website while you’re at it.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- The type world convenes in Atlanta, Georgia for the week-long community-wide celebration of type and design that is TypeCon 2009…Read more
- SOTA will be bringing TypeCon2010 to the great city of Los Angeles, August 17-22, 2010.…Read more
- Under Consideration/Department of Design had the excellent idea to post a follow-up to their unveiling of the TypeCon logo.…Read more
- Hundreds of fontheads will descend upon the quiet enclave of Buffalo, NY next week for North America’s only annual conference…Read more
- This week the typographic world congregates in Los Angeles, as TypeCon2010: Babel takes over the City of the Angels.…Read more