First Impressions From ATypI 2011 Reykjavík
Today is the last day at ATypI 2011 Reykjavík, the yearly conference of the Association Typographique Internationale, the global forum and focal point for the type community and business. Since Wednesday a sizeable chunk of the type design community worldwide congregated in the new Harpa concert hall and conference centre situated by the old harbour in the Reykjavík city centre. It is a little early for reports, but the ATypI11 Flickr Group is filling up slowly but surely, and if you search for the #ATypI you will get a (fragmented) overview of the past few days. A first this year were the daily overview videos posted on the ATypI Reykjavík Vimeo account, which give very nice visual impressions of the conference. Below the videos and a selection of photographs.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- See how Timothy Donaldson creates a new piece of calligraphy at Bilston Craft Gallery in this video.…Read more
- The last weekend of May the Hamilton Wood Type & Museum in Two Rivers, Wisconsin hosts a weekend-long celebration of…Read more
- One day before the official opening of ATypI 2010 Dublin: The Word, Verena Gerlach’s show Paradox Alg(i)er(s) opened at The…Read more
- ATypI (Association Typographique Internationale) has decided to extend till April 16 the deadline for submisions for this year’s annual conference…Read more
- People who couldn’t attend were able to follow the conference online via Twitter chatter and visual impressions on the ATypI…Read more