First Graphic Design Biennial Germany–China Opens Next Week
Next week, on May 12, 2010, the First Graphic Design Biennial Germany–China will open in Offenbach, Germany. More than 300 contemporary posters and 150 books, as well as numerous animations will be shown in the Am alten Schlachthof exhibition hall.
The best communication designers of China are coming to Germany to attend the opening. Amongst them will be Min Wang, designer of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games graphic identity, and many world famous poster and book designers. Furthermore they will give lectures and presentations at the HfG Offenbach from May 10 to 12. The presenters include Bi Xuefeng (Shenzhen), Chen Shaohua (Shenzhen), Chen Zhengda (Hangzhou), Yang Liu (Berlin), Lü Jingren (Beijing), Sascha Lobe (Stuttgart), Eike König (Berlin), Song Xiewei (Beijing) and Wang Min (Beijing).
Additional information can be found on the official website www.biennale-decn.com
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Influential graphic designer Prof. Kurt Weidemann, born December 12, 1922, died March 30, 2011, in Sélestat in Alsace.…Read more
- There are a lot of interesting things currently happening in the field of typography in Central and Eastern Europe, and…Read more
- On 21 June 2010 the collaborative project TypeTalks is organising is the one-dayTypeTalks symposium in Brno, Czech Republic.…Read more
- Since yesterday Matthew Carter’s presentation “Truth To Materials” from TYPO Berlin 2004 “Schrift” has been available on the TYPO Berlin…Read more
- Eva-Lotta Lamm a.k.a. evalottchen made personable and very entertaining sketchnotes on some of the key presentations at TYPO Berlin 2011…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (4)