Erik Spiekermann On Thirty Conversations On Design
Thirty Conversations On Design is a project by Joe Cecere – VP, Creative Director at Little&Company, a Minneapolis-based strategic design firm. An active mentor and member of AIGA Minnesota, his expertise and work are sought out by clients that include Target Corporation, Warner Bros., Microsoft and many household regional brands including the Minnesota Historical Society. The Thirty Conversations On Design website collects the thoughts of 30 of the world’s most inspired creative professionals – architects, designers, authors and leaders of iconic brands.
We asked them two questions: “What single example of design inspires you most?” and “What problem should design solve next?” Their answers might surprise you. But hopefully, they’ll all inspire you. Discover what they have to say. Then share your thoughts. After all, this is a conversation. We’d love for you to join.
The first batch of interviews has been up for a couple of days, and includes Ellen Lupton, Paula Sher, Massimo Vignelli, and FontFeed mentor Erik Spiekermann. Spiekermann shares his thoughts on the alphabet, Johannes Gutenberg, being an artist vs. a designer, and changing a blank piece of paper to something with meaning.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- For the second year the Thirty Conversations On Design website collects the thoughts of 30 of the world’s most inspired…Read more
- Find my day-to-day reports on the TYPO London blog, and a general overview later here on The FontFeed.…Read more
- Registration for the free one-day typography symposium 33pt. Voices on Typography has opened.…Read more
- Just in time for the re-launch of its website, FontShop Germany releases Axel, an economical, highly legible font family optimized…Read more
- Time is flying so fast. I feel like I am barely back from John Davey’s terrific Reasons to be Creative…Read more