Embrace the OpenType Hype
We love OpenType. It’s not just the latest font technology, but also the most advanced, poised to replace the old TrueType and PostScript formats. This font format brings many more possibilities for typographers and graphic designers. But, of course, a new technology always means new things to learn. To help you understand OpenType, we published a new page that describes the efficiency and power of the format, and answers the question: “Is OpenType right for me?”.
So if you now want to know how a Swiss Army Knife is like our favorite font format, check out the new OpenType page on our support section. Last year Stephen Coles spoke to attendees of the PINC Show about OpenType, so if you prefer to learn in a more visual way, have a look at the slides from that presentation.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- The OpenType format offers typographers more glyphs, and (sometimes) more confusion. As the FontFont library is converted to OpenType, premium…Read more
- In celebration of Firefox 3.6’s release, FontShop gives away its first WOFF font for free.…Read more
- The wait is finally over, and it was well worth it. Not a Best Of-list nor an Award, Typographica’s Our…Read more
- “Mexico, Forging The Character” gives a concise overview of the history of type and lettering in Mexico.…Read more
- With Ampersand less than a week away, it’ll be no time before we begin to see type looking a little…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (9)