DIN for Typographic City Posters
Show how much you love your city with an Ork Poster, designed by Jenny Beorkrem. With the help of DIN (1451 Engschrift) these clever prints sidestep traditional maps and bring forth top-notch typographic design, simplicity, and a modern edge. Out with small type and in with DIN’s strong letter forms and bold personality.
Careful thought has been put into each of these designs. Beorkrem playfully crams and stacks characters of all shapes and sizes into geographic neighborhoods to portray these bustling cities. The San Francisco map can even be made “green” with recycled papers and soy-based inks. Ork posters are one of a kind and you won’t find these hiding in a glove compartment.
Priced between $22-$27, the posters and screen prints make a great holiday gift. They are one of the more affordable pieces of wall art available, all while being very unique and eco-friendly.
If you like DIN (1451 Engschrift), we recommend you take a look at FF DIN. 1451 Engschrift is a pretty faithful digitization of the original DIN fonts. However, FF DIN is a bit more regularized for modern design, with more weights and widths. FF DIN is also a much larger collection.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Ligature, Loop & Stem have produced a modernist-style limited edition print with an overview of the vocabulary of typographic anatomy.…Read more
- Express your feelings publicly for your favourite typeface in haiku form in another Valentine-inspired type contest, over at the Extensis…Read more
- Celebrate the first anniversary of the Mota Italic Gallery at the +1 Year & TYPO Berlin Party.…Read more
- I would like to point you to a lovely project on Kickstarter which needs its last tiny push to get…Read more
- A clever, sensitive, and beautiful TV-spot for last year’s “Donate a Barcode” ad campaign for The Week of Food Banks.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (9)