Compete In The Conqueror Typographic Games 2012
The Conqueror Typographic Games ask the question “What if typography was a sport”? This Olympic-style contest is open to all designers, professionals and students who think they have what it takes to win the Gold. The challenge at hand: create a typographic poster about sports, using the phrase:
It’s not what you win, but how you conquer it.
Remember – say what you wish, but it is imperative that you integrate the phrase “It’s not what you win, but how you conquer it.” in your design. Once you have submitted your design, it will be included in the Gallery, where the public is invited to vote on Facebook, Twitter, or on the site itself for his or her favourite poster. The top 50 designs (the most voted for online) will be announced in May, and those will be judged by an international panel of designers (including yours truly), headed by world-renowned type designer and typographer Jean François Porchez in June. The final winners will be evaluated according to two main criteria – aesthetic (creativity and type selection) and technical (combination of paper and techniques used).
One Gold Medal, five Silver Medals and seven Bronze Medals will be awarded. Each Bronze Medalist will have their artwork displayed in Creative Review, the leading international magazine for visual communication. Each Silver Medalist will win one pair of Nike ID shoes as well as a feature in Creative Review. The Gold medalist will win an Olympic weekend, including two tickets to the Olympic Games in London. All travel and accommodations in a four-star notel in the center of London, right between Notting Hill and Kensington Gardens, paid for. The winner will also have their artwork displayed in Creative Review.
So get your creative juices flowing and start designing. Ready, set, go!
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- On the occasion of the London 2012 Olympics, VirusFonts release Olympukes 2012 – a new set of pictograms for the…Read more
- Dalton Maag’s bespoke typeface for Nokia wins the Design Museum Designs of the Year 2012 award in the Graphics category.…Read more
- Yesterday another edition of Reasons to be Creative in Brighton, UK closed. This terrific three-day festival is the successor of…Read more
- The First Graphic Design Biennial Germany–China features three days of lectures by world famous Chinese designers, and an exhibition of…Read more
- With the Making Future Magic project creative communications agency Dentsu London and design consultancy BERG create beautiful lettering using iPads.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (4)
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)