Christian Schwartz’s 2008 Talk “Couture Type and The New York Times” Added To TYPO Berlin VideoBlog
TYPO Berlin is really doing its best to regularly add quality content to the TYPO Berlin VideoBlog. Today saw the addition of the presentation Christian Schwartz – the principal of the New York-based type design and consultation firm Schwartzco Inc., and the recipient of the 2007 Peignot Award – gave at TYPO Berlin 2008 “Image”: “Couture Type and The New York Times”. In 2007, Christian Schwartz was commissioned to create a new typeface for “T”, the New York Times Style Magazine, that would embody the current moment in fashion. In his lecture Schwartz shows how he and Paul Barnes settled on the basic design of the face, Giorgio, discusses how typography influences the personality of a magazine, and explains why not all typefaces have to last forever…
We originally didn’t mention the recently added Martin Majoor presentation “Ortswechsel: Arnheim–Berlin–Warschau” because the meta data indicated it was the German version. Yet a routine check revealed it had the wrong meta data: it is in English. I changed the label and replaced the German text with an English version.
The FontFeed is a daily dispatch of recommended fonts, typography techniques, and inspirational examples of digital type at work in the real world. Eat up.
- Excellent news from TYPO International Design Talks – last month TYPO San Francisco announced the dates for next year’s edition,…Read more
- Since yesterday Matthew Carter’s presentation “Truth To Materials” from TYPO Berlin 2004 “Schrift” has been available on the TYPO Berlin…Read more
- Jonathan Hoefler & Tobias Frere-Jones’s presentation “Better Living Through Typography” from TYPO Berlin 2004 “Schrift” has now also been added…Read more
- On our fourth day of Webfonts Week I thought it wise to hear from someone who represents the future of…Read more
- The third episode in our Typo Berlin 2009 reports.…Read more