This post is a follow-up to the recently released FontBooklet No. 2 focusing on optical size mastering and size-specific designs. The Scangraphic Digital Type Collection offers all of their fonts in headline (SH Supertypes) and body text (SB Bodytypes) versions, with about two thirds of them available in both.Read more
The manuscripts of author Franz Kafka had such a profound impact on Finnish graphic and type designer Julia Sysmäläinen that she decided to convert his handwriting with its unusually strong calligraphic characteristics into a digital script. The philologist took on the challenge to transform in Kafka’s rather eccentric letter forms into an balanced typographic flow. FF Mister K Pro will soon be available from FontShop.Read more
Whether they’re newly released, stalwart classics, or hidden gems, these typefaces deserve special mention.
- Some of you digital age kids ;) may not recognize what the images in our introductory post are, so maybe…Read more
- On Friday 7 November 2008, St Bride Library organizes a one-day conference called Letterpress: A Celebration. According to their press…Read more
- Jim Rimmer – a multi-talented type designer, graphic artist, bookbinder, printer, letterer, technician, and a most generous teacher – passed away early…Read more
- The last weekend of May the Hamilton Wood Type & Museum in Two Rivers, Wisconsin hosts a weekend-long celebration of…Read more
- Graphic and motion designer Naomi Ross produced a gorgeous instructional video showing the process of printing letterpress with wood type.…Read more