Fonts in Use
My Type of Music
Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and a band by its album art.
A typographic look at today’s movie posters and film titles. (a.k.a. Characters on The Silver Screen)
Typography is made with type, but some of the best letters are made one at a time, by hand.
A light-hearted repository of amusing typos and typographic mishaps.
One year after their FontFont 2011 – (Not Quite An) Annual Report, FontFont – one of the leading independent font foundries with the largest library of original, contemporary typefaces – did it again with the recently published 2012 edition. This time the report has taken the form of an interactive publication on their website. The FontFeed talked [...]Read more
In his recent post on Wide Screen, the Yahoo movies blog, Will Perkins wonders where the Oscars for Best Title Sequence were at the recent ceremony. Indeed, although this area of filmmaking is already recognised at the Emmies with the Emmy Award For Outstanding Main Title Design, it still is overlooked at most other award [...]Read more
This morning a message from Jacques Le Bailly, designer of my Favourite Typeface of 2012, led me to a just released video by British DP, director and film maker Danny Cooke. The short film documents the creation of the cover artwork for John Mayer’s album Born and Raised and single Queen of California, as well [...]Read more
Our monthly review of movie poster typography.Read more
An overview of the nominees and winners of the 55th Grammy Awards in the fields Package and Music Video.Read more
Declare your love for a typeface and you could win an official single license to four weights/styles of that face.Read more
Specimens are nice, but we love to catch a typeface in the wild, where it can truly show how it performs in the real world.
- The third FontFont release magazine features samples of brand new and relaunched typefaces, as well as information on web fonts.…Read more
- The OpenType format offers typographers more glyphs, and (sometimes) more confusion. As the FontFont library is converted to OpenType, premium…Read more
- The second Typography Annual gives an overview of the winners of Communication Arts’ annual typography and type design competition.…Read more
- Live type on the web has always been limited to a handful of system fonts. But that era is over.…Read more
- The presentations by Lars Müller and Martin Lorenz & Lupi Asensio (TwoPoints.net) were added to the TYPO Video Portal.…Read more