Fonts in Use
My Type of Music
Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and a band by its album art.
A typographic look at today’s movie posters and film titles. (a.k.a. Characters on The Silver Screen)
Typography is made with type, but some of the best letters are made one at a time, by hand.
A light-hearted repository of amusing typos and typographic mishaps.
The tear-off calendar will offers daily typographic inspiration with 365 typefaces to discover throughout the whole year.Read more
The nominations and winning title sequence for Outstanding Main Title Design at the 2013 Primetime Emmys.Read more
The best way to tick off a graphic designer cum typography blogger? Intercut the historical footage from 1963 in the BBC documentary Martin Luther King and the March on Washington with images of fake vintage banners printed in vinyl with friggin’ Arial (released in 1982). Last night I was thoroughly enjoying the documentary until the [...]Read more
Over on our sister blog FontBlog FontShop AG General Manager Jürgen Siebert mentions the “making of” video for the cover for the October issue of German graphic design magazine Novum. It is an impressive feat of design and engineering. Clormann Design developed a graphic concept around the main topic “typography” – an intricate typographic composition [...]Read more
Our monthly review of movie poster typography.Read more
It’s serendipitous that Jurriaan Schrofer, Restless Typographer is the next Unit Editions book I review after Type Only, their overview of contemporary typographic artwork (keep checking their Tumblr for more ‘type only’ work). The monograph celebrating the experimental typography of Dutch graphic designer Jurriaan Schrofer published this past Spring nicely puts Type Only in context. [...]Read more
I am just back from Reasons To Be Creative, John Davey a.k.a. Johnny Belmont’s spiffy conference in incredibly sunny Brighton. Before I return to The FontFeed’s regular publishing I would like to share the delightfully upbeat opening titles for this year’s event. The humorous and deliciously quirky sequence combines a mix of situations and techniques [...]Read more
I just discovered yet another marvelous documentary short about sign painting, this time from the UK. 21st Century Victorian is a remarkable, passionate and personal story of the art of Fairground Sign Writing, a unique art form that has been dying out. However it has found fresh enthusiasm and interest with new generations, enthralled by [...]Read more
Specimens are nice, but we love to catch a typeface in the wild, where it can truly show how it performs in the real world.
- The tear-off calendar will offer daily typographic inspiration with 366 typefaces to discover throughout the whole year of 2012.…Read more
- Type designers and foundries are invited to contribute to the Typodarium 2011, the third edition of the typographic tear-off calendar.…Read more
- Typodarium 2010 is the first typographic tear-off calendar, featuring 365 type designs from 180 foundries and designers hailing from 30…Read more
- Type designers and foundries are invited to contribute to the Typodarium 2012, the fourth edition of the typographic tear-off calendar.…Read more
- The tear-off calendar will offers daily typographic inspiration with 365 typefaces to discover throughout the whole year.…Read more