Fonts in Use
My Type of Music
Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and a band by its album art.
A typographic look at today’s movie posters and film titles. (a.k.a. Characters on The Silver Screen)
Typography is made with type, but some of the best letters are made one at a time, by hand.
A light-hearted repository of amusing typos and typographic mishaps.
The results for the 2014 SXSW Film Design Awards for Excellence in Poster and Title Design.Read more
Our monthly review of movie poster typography.Read more
An overview of covers of recently released albums.Read more
Declare your love for a typeface and you could win an official single license to four weights/styles of that face.Read more
Amongst the first names to be confirmed for TYPO Berlin 2014 “Roots” were Ilona Karwinska and David S. Hill. They are the directors and founders of the Polish Neon Muzeum in Warsaw, which is dedicated to the documentation and preservation of Poland’s cold war era neon signs. Contrary to our preconceived notions about former East [...]Read more
An overview of the nominees and winners of the 56th Grammy Awards in the fields Package and Music Video.Read more
Specimens are nice, but we love to catch a typeface in the wild, where it can truly show how it performs in the real world.
- The results for the 2012 SXSW Film Design Awards for Excellence in Poster and Title Design.…Read more
- In his recent post on Wide Screen, the Yahoo movies blog, Will Perkins wonders where the Oscars for Best Title…Read more
- Hosted by AIGA Atlanta, SEED is the premiere design competition in the Southeast, recognising the top creative work in the…Read more
- The nominations and winning title sequence for Outstanding Main Title Design at the 2011 Primetime Emmys.…Read more
- Wolda is the high-profile graphic design award scheme that rewards the best logos and trademarks designed throughout the world.…Read more