Fonts in Use
My Type of Music
Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and a band by its album art.
A typographic look at today’s movie posters and film titles. (a.k.a. Characters on The Silver Screen)
Typography is made with type, but some of the best letters are made one at a time, by hand.
A light-hearted repository of amusing typos and typographic mishaps.
Our monthly review of movie poster typography.Read more
Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Bar Refaeli wears merely some lettering on her naked body on the July 2009 cover of Esquire.Read more
Specimens are nice, but we love to catch a typeface in the wild, where it can truly show how it performs in the real world.
- The comprehensive specimens in the FontBook app for iPad offer several layers of information for each featured typeface. var addthis_config =…Read more
- A wonderful short film capturing some of the love, care and hand-crafted passion that goes into the production of a…Read more
- As you may very well know I often rail against poor typographic choices for movie posters and credit title sequences.…Read more
- Rian Hughes of Device Fonts has unleashed a bucketload of new type in the last few weeks. All of it…Read more
- Our monthly review of movie poster typography.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Stoker, Dead Man Down, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Tyler Perry’s Temptation, Wrong (4)