Fonts in Use
My Type of Music
Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and a band by its album art.
A typographic look at today’s movie posters and film titles. (a.k.a. Characters on The Silver Screen)
Typography is made with type, but some of the best letters are made one at a time, by hand.
A light-hearted repository of amusing typos and typographic mishaps.
The issues in Mac OS X 10.6.7 occur with PostScript-flavoured OpenType fonts, and concern PDF files and printing.Read more
“Roger Excoffon et la fonderie Olive” retraces the history of the Olive foundry through the life of type designer Roger Excoffon.Read more
A video by Jacob Gilbreath visualises a portion of the farewell speech from Conan O’Brien’s final episode of The Tonight Show.Read more
An overview of covers of recently released albums.Read more
Specimens are nice, but we love to catch a typeface in the wild, where it can truly show how it performs in the real world.
- In April 2008 Mencap, the UK’s leading charity and voice for those with learning disabilities, unveiled a new look as…Read more
- A storefront in Stockholm sports a logotype set in FF Liant. In 1976, Ingrid Liche began designing what would be FF…Read more
- Celebrate the first anniversary of the Mota Italic Gallery at the +1 Year & TYPO Berlin Party.…Read more
- When I attended ATypI 2010 “The Word” in Dublin the conference closed with one of the fabulous lettering walks hosted…Read more
- Release 40 brings us new weights and families, from FF Absara™ Headline in sans and serif, to a modernist/futuristic FF…Read more