Fonts in Use
My Type of Music
Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and a band by its album art.
A typographic look at today’s movie posters and film titles. (a.k.a. Characters on The Silver Screen)
Typography is made with type, but some of the best letters are made one at a time, by hand.
A light-hearted repository of amusing typos and typographic mishaps.
The results for the 2012 SXSW Film Design Awards for Excellence in Poster and Title Design.Read more
Our monthly review of movie poster typography.Read more
Specimens are nice, but we love to catch a typeface in the wild, where it can truly show how it performs in the real world.
- National Punctuation Day gives us an opportunity to call attention to two of our most critical typographic causes: the interrobang…Read more
- We get a lot of requests for fancy scripts. A font with a calligraphic touch is often the best option…Read more
- Some of you digital age kids ;) may not recognize what the images in our introductory post are, so maybe…Read more
- Whether you need to rinse your eyes and brain from too many shiny beveled logos with gradients, or you are…Read more
- Graphic and motion designer Naomi Ross produced a gorgeous instructional video showing the process of printing letterpress with wood type.…Read more
- ScreenFonts: Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Under The Skin, Hateship Loveship, The Quiet Ones (4)
- ScreenFonts: Thor, Last Night, Bridesmaids, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Midnight In Paris, Kung Fu Panda 2 (11)