Fonts in Use
My Type of Music
Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover and a band by its album art.
A typographic look at today’s movie posters and film titles. (a.k.a. Characters on The Silver Screen)
Typography is made with type, but some of the best letters are made one at a time, by hand.
A light-hearted repository of amusing typos and typographic mishaps.
The results for the 2012 SXSW Film Design Awards for Excellence in Poster and Title Design.Read more
Our monthly review of movie poster typography.Read more
Political pamphlets now have the potential to become well-scripted and professional-looking motion typography pieces.Read more
Specimens are nice, but we love to catch a typeface in the wild, where it can truly show how it performs in the real world.
- One and a half year ago I reported about Scrabble Typography Limited Edition, Andrew Clifford Capener’s sumptuous edition of the…Read more
- A little over a year has passed since we released the long-awaited Fourth Edition of FontBook and the praise is…Read more
- Scott R. Kurtz published the second type-centric strip in his webcomic PVP.…Read more
- The wait is finally over, and it was well worth it. Not a Best Of-list nor an Award, Typographica’s Our…Read more
- Fontface is a series of posters merging the expressiveness of manual gesture and type design in honour of four outstanding…Read more